Fall 2014 | McGill University
A theoretical and practical introduction to selected areas of music technology.
- Sampling theory and digital audio systems;
- Digital sound synthesis methods;
- Digital Musical Instruments.
During this semester, I have organized a debate about the following media formats: CD, vinyl, and MP3. The students engaged in the activity bringing technical comparisons, cultural and economical aspects. It was indeed a rich experience for all of us. The tribunal counted with the valuable opinion of several specialists:
- Thor Kell (music hacker);
- Mailis Rodrigues (music technologist);
- Jason & JoeT (Detuned Transmissions label);
- Darryl Cameron (DJ, music producer);
- Stephen Sinclair (DJ radarsat-1);
- Johnny Sullivan (MFA/Music Technology);
- John Constantinides (label owner | music producer).
photo by: piqs.de